Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Choosing a Perspective

When I started this endeavor I thought that it would be nice to write the bulk of the story in first person perspective. This would give the readers a unique look at the world while making sure that the narrator does not know everything. However, I found that my narrator knew too much about the story. There were thing that I, the writer, did not want to disclose but the character narrating had no reason to hide. This, of course, makes writing the part difficult and some of the scenes awkward. Therefore, I am contemplating whether or not to rewrite the sections in third person. While this perspective allows the narrator of the story to know everything, there are no constraints against what may or may not be disclosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment